Conference Day Two - Wednesday 20th March 2019
8:30 am - 9:00 am Registration & Networking Coffee
9:10 am - 9:50 am Implementing Intelligent Automation in Insurance: Developing and Executing an IA RoadmapMartin Malengier - Project Lead CoExcellence Robotics Process Automation, Belfius Insurance
- Creating and setting a compelling vision and securing leadership support
- Piloting an IA project: Develop the business case, select use cases to pilot and ensure you have the right talent and skills in place
- Ensuring the right metrics are in place to measure success and re-engineer processes to optimise future projects
- Strategies for scaling up and expanding into other areas
Martin MalengierProject Lead CoExcellence Robotics Process Automation
9:50 am - 10:30 am Advanced Analytics in Regulated IndustriesKarin Brendel - Head of Products and Analytics, Gen Re
- Brief introduction to machine learning models (benefits of applying sophisticated models)
- Interpretability methods for business applications (understanding reasons behind model recommendations)
- Communicating analytics insights with non-technical project members
- How to be compliant with regulators
Karin BrendelHead of Products and Analytics
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Coffee and Networking Break
11:00 am - 11:40 am ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: Identifying Projects that will Solve Unique Business Problems and Present the Greatest ROI
This interactive session will provide a platform for collaborative discussion and problem solving to ensure you have the necessary tools to select the right projects for experimentation. You will break into four groups and have 30 minutes to solve your dedicated problem and/or develop a strategy to manage it. Each group will then provide a two minute summary to the entire audience sharing their key discussion points and takeaways.
- Starting point: What are the best methods for assessing and analysing your business to determine areas ripe for advanced analytics projects?
- How will you ensure you create a clear vision for advanced analytics programs and clearly define roles and responsibilities?
- How can you ensure that analytics platforms are built to purpose?
- What are the best ways to demonstrate ROI and scale projects quickly throughout the organisation?
11:40 am - 12:20 pm Claims Automation through RPA and AI Technology: Enabling Faster, Smarter, Customised Claims Processing and SettlementsKristina Grönvall - AI Strategist and Project Manager, AI Strategy & Acceleration, Nordea
- Outlining the current challenges within insurance claims functions: How can intelligent automation support intelligent claims decisions?
- Highlighting the value of implementing the technology together: How do these technologies complement one another?
- Customer centricity: The value of settling claims quickly and accurately to optimise the claims experience and reduce operational costs
- Fraud detection and prevention: Leveraging RPA and AI technology to reduce fraudulent claims
- Challenges, risks and opportunities associated with applying AI and RPA for claims automation
Kristina GrönvallAI Strategist and Project Manager, AI Strategy & Acceleration
12:20 pm - 1:20 pm Lunch and Networking Break
1:20 pm - 2:00 pm Solving Pricing and Underwriting Problems by Using New Data and ToolsIlya Lopatinskiy - Head of Retail Analytics and Product Development, Ingosstrakh
- Improving risk accuracy by integrating advanced analytics capabilities into the underwriting process
- Extracting new data from legacy systems
- Incorporating third party data into underwriting decision making
- Combining linear and nonlinear models to ensure accurate and competitive pricing
Ilya LopatinskiyHead of Retail Analytics and Product Development
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm New Approaches and Methodologies for Data Driven StrategiesPaola Scarabotto - Insurance Expert, Data Orienteering
- Considering the overall data capital to maximise information within your data driven business
- Taking an holistic and productive approach to analysing and monitoring markets
- Considering an innovative analytics approach to enhance service development, develop new products and improve communication with your customers
Paola ScarabottoInsurance Expert